Saturday, November 10, 2018

crossing my Jordan River

crossing my Jordan River by ric Gustafson


I stood at the edge of the river. I was scared. The river looked deep and impossible to walk through.
" What are you afraid of?".
I turned to see a young bearded man standing next to me. " I'm afraid to try and cross it".
" Don't be afraid". He smiled. " I will cross it with you".
I took two steps into the water. It was cold and went up to my ankles. " I can't do it".
" Hold my hand". Jesus held out one of his nail scarred hands. " Just believe".
I took his hand and we started walking through the water. At one point, I began to worry about my life. I stopped.
Jesus smiled. " What's wrong?".
" I'm scared about things happening in my life".
" Don't be". Jesus held tighter to my hand. " I will always hold your hand".
After a while, we reached the other side.
We hugged.
" Always remember". He smiled. " I will always hold your hand through your River Jordan's".
I turned and saw that he was already gone.
I walked away with peace in my heart.


research help:  An LCM sermon


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: