Thursday, November 1, 2018

calms for cares: At the edge of the river

calms for cares:  At the edge of the river by ric Gustafson


I stood at the edge of the huge river. There was a sign at the edge. It read ' If Only River'. As I stood there, I began to ponder my life. If only I had tried for a better position at work, I would have a good life. If only I had taken better care of myself, I would have had a good life.
All of a sudden, I noticed someone standing next to me. It was a young dark bearded man. He smiled at me. " Isn't this river beautiful?".
" I guess". I frowned at him. " Sometimes I think about If Only in my life".
Jesus smiled. " Be anxious for nothing".
I looked at him. " I try to".
He smiled. " The peace of God will guard your hearts and minds".
I looked toward him. He was gone.
I stared at the river. Peace began to fill my heart.


research help:  ' Trade your cares for calm' by Max Lucado


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: