Thursday, April 5, 2018

I was there page 26

I was there page 26 by ric Gustafson


Annas pointed a finger at Pilate. " His blood be on us". He pointed a finger at Jesus. " And on our children".
Pilate stared at me. " Release that filthy dog".
I walked over to Barabbas. " You are a free man".
The criminal lifted his hands with joy. " God be praised".
" Get out of here". " I kicked him in the rear. " Before he changes his mind".
The happy criminal ran off.
Shaking his head, Pilate walked back into the hall.
I took over. I pointed to one of my men. " Bring me three crossbeams from the Fortress".
When they came, the two thieves were shouldered to them.
Jesus was shouldered to the heavest beam.
Part of the angry crowd had already dispersed.
With plenty of men for crowd control, the death procession started.


research help: ' The soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: