Friday, February 16, 2018

I was there page 3

I was there page 3 by ric Gustafson


It was eight in the morning on Monday April 3. My men and I were in charge of the Golden Gate. This gate is also called the Messiah Gate. According to prophecy, the Jewish Messiah would one day arrive and make his entry there. It was the start of a busy market day. The tax collectors booth was already busy. People were flocking near the entrance to the gate to greet family and friends.
My sentries were in place and I had a foot patrol near the Kidron Valley. I wondered if this Jesus was coming back?.
All of a sudden, I noticed a young man in a white robe approach the gate. He was followed by several young men in beards and some women and children. They quickly walked through the gate and then began to walk toward the temple. I asked a passerby " Why all the excitement about one man?".
He smiled. " I was in Jericho and watched him heal a blind beggar".
Flavius looked stunned. " He healed him on the spot?".
The man smiled again. " Hosanna to the Son of David'.


research help: ' The Soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: