Tuesday, November 8, 2016

where in the world is Lucas the turkey page 3

where in the world is Lucas the turkey page 3 by ric Gustafson


The bus door slowly opened. Martin walked up to the coin machine. He hung unto Lucas.
Gobble Gobble
" What was that? the driver exclaimed. He stared at Lucas.
" Sorry" Martin replied. He put his money into the machine. " My friend has trouble with his voice".
The driver scratched his chin. " Is your friend going to pay his fare?".
Gobble Gobble I do not know what money is.
" What did he say?".
" He's hard to understand". He took some coins out of a pant pocket. " I'll pay his fare".
The driver kept staring at Lucas. They walked back to some open seats. They sat down.
" Why did you escape from the turkey farm?".
Gobble Gobble I wanted to live.
" I don't blame you for that". He stared at his new friend. " What are you going to do after Thanksgiving?".
Gobble Gobble I don't know.
After a while, Martin pulled the cord. " Lucas, my house is just down the street". He smiled at his new friend. " I will do my best to hide you until after Thanksgiving".
Gobble Gobble thank you.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Happy Holidays. Love Ric

No comments: