Friday, November 25, 2016

a healing touch page 2

a healing touch page 2 by ric Gustafson


I have been bleeding for over two years now. It has made me thinner and often tired. I am also lonely for just a touch or an embrace. My sister Joanna had just informed me that she is going to have a baby.
In the third year of my bleeding, Doctor Sira brought me a crocus from Greece. This medicine was a mixture of cumin and fenugreek. He boiled it in water. Then he gave it to me to drink. The concoction did not work. One time, I reached six days without bleeding. On the seventh day, the bleeding began again. I could not go to the well to draw water because of the taunts and bad things the women were saying of me.
During the fourth year of my bleeding, I went to Jerusalem to visit Gamaliel. He was a member of the Sanhedrin. He asked me if I had passed judgment on God. I said no I had not. He told me to repent my sins to God. That night, I did just that.


research help: ' Land of Silence' by Tessa Afshar


Peace and God's blessings. Happy Holidays. Love Ric

No comments: