Saturday, November 19, 2016

the tangled vines page 3

the tangled vines page 3 by ric Gustafson


Louise Vine looked through the kitchen window at Mr Nates. She watched as he carefully pruned away the tangled vines. He cut them up and put them into a recycle lawn bag.
' He must be cold out there' she thought. She took two packets of hot cocoa out of the pantry. " I'll bring him a cup of hot cocoa so he can warm up". She walked outside. She walked up to him. " Morning Mr Nates".
" Good morning Mrs Vine". He stopped what he was doing. He blew on his hands. " It's nippy out this morning".
" It sure is". She handed him one of the mugs she had. " I brought you some hot chocolate that I just heated up".
" Thank you".
They both took a sip of the warm liquid.
He began to prune one of the tangled vines. " You seem tense Mrs Vine".
" I've been upset at my husband lately". She pointed at the bush. " One reason is that bush".
" Mitchell is a good man" he replied as kept pruning away. " He tries hard to take care of you and your son".
" I know". She took another sip of her hot chocolate. " I'm going to tell him that I'm sorry".
He kept pruning. " I'm glad to hear that". He handed her his mug. " Thanks for the hot chocolate".
She began to walk back toward the house. " Good luck with that bush".
Nate smiled as he began pruning again.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Happy Holidays. Love Ric

No comments: