Tuesday, November 22, 2016

the tangled vines page 5

the tangled vines page 5 by ric Gustafson


Mitchell was finishing up a presentation. The desk phone buzzed. He pushed the talk button. " Yes Lisa".
" I'm sorry to bother you Mr Vine". The voice hesitated. " There is somebody out here to see you".
' I wonder who that is' he thought to himself as he scratched his chin in thought. He was not expecting anyone. " Ok, send them in".
Jack Nates walked in and sat down.
" Mr Nates" Mitchell replied with a surprised stare. " What are you doing here?".
" I was in the area". He smiled. " I wanted to let you know that I am just about done with your bush".
He gave him a strange look. " You came all the way out here just to tell me that".
" I was talking to your son Jimmy earlier". He quickly glanced around the office. " He was looking forward to his basketball game tomorrow".
" I have a presentation tomorrow". He sighed. " I don't know if I can go or not".
" Jimmy is a good kid". Jack smiled. " Why not surprise him and give him your support".
" I will think about it Mr Nates". He stood up and shook his hand. " Thank you for stopping by".
Jack opened the office door. " You are welcome". He smiled as he walked out.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Happy Holidays. Love Ric

No comments: