Monday, November 21, 2016

the tangled vines page 4

the tangled vines page 4 by ric Gustafson


Jack was walking back to his truck. He noticed a teenager shooting baskets. He walked up. He shook his hand. " Hi, I'm Jack Nates".
The teen shot the ball into the basket. " I'm Jimmy Vines".
" You don't look very happy Jimmy".
" I have a lot on my mind right now". He shot the ball in the basket. " School, a girlfriend, things like that".
Jack smiled. " Have you talked to your parents about these things?".
" They won't listen". He did an easy layup. " They never do".
" Jimmy, your parents are good people". He took some lawn bags out of his truck. " You should talk to them and give them a chance". He smiled again. " They might surprise you".
" Ok". He took one more shot with the ball. " I will talk to them". He walked into the garage.
Jack smiled as he took the bags and went back to work.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Happy Holidays. Love Ric

No comments: