Friday, November 18, 2016

the tangled vines page 2

the tangled vines page 2 by ric Gustafson


" I'm not sure if I can go to Jimmy's game or not" Mitchell said as he heard the doorbell ring. " I have a lot of work to do this afternoon". It was 7:30 in the morning. Mitchell wondered who it was this early in the morning.
He opened the door to reveal a young dark bearded man. He was wearing a white sweatshirt and white coveralls.
" Hi, I'm Jack Nates". He pointed toward his truck. " Nates Pruning".
" Oh yes, the big bush in the back". He glanced at his watch. " I wasn't expecting you this early in the morning".
" I like to start early".
He led the young man outside to where the bush was. " Here it is".
Jack studied the tangled vines of the bush. " I'll get started on it right away".
Mitchell stared at the young man's coveralls. " Aren't your clothes going to get dirty?".
Jack smiled. " In all the years that I have been doing this". He grinned at Mitchell. " I have never gotten these white clothes dirty".
" Ok".


research help: original srory


Peace and God's blessings. Happy Holidays. Love Ric

No comments: