Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Sheep and the Goats page 2

The Sheep and the Goats page 2 by ric Gustafson


Louie kneeled but noticed that some people on the left were not.
The archangel raised an outstretched arm to quiet the masses. " The time has come to avenge the blood of the martyrs".
Jesus cried out in a loud voice " the time has come to reward my faithful servants and to punish those who have harmed them".
Those on Jesus's left began to shout " Jesus is the Christ, Jesus is the Christ".
Jesus stood up and walked to the left edge of the platform. He pointed to those on his left. " Depart from me you cursed into the everlasting fire I have prepared  for the devil and his angels".
The masses on the left cried back " No Lord No".
" I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink". Jesus paused. " I was naked and you did not clothe me, I was in prison and you did not visit me.
The masses on his left again cried out " when did all these happen?".
" When you did not do it to the least of these" he said as he pointed to those on his right. " You did not do it to me".
The masses on the left yelled again " we love you Lord, we do love you".
Jesus sat down on the platform chair. " My Father has given me authority to execute judgment and my judgment is righteousness".
The masses to his left pleaded " No Lord No".
Jesus, with tears in his eyes, raised one finger and a chasm to the left of the platform opened wide. Those on the left fell in cursing and yelling. Just as quickly, the ground closed and returned to normal.

The End


research help: original story


Happy Lent and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: