Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Life Of Purpose page 2

A Life Of Purpose page 2 by ric Gustafson


The gray haired gentleman smiled at Nicholas. He got up from the rocking chair. " Care to join me for a little supper?". He opened the screen door and walked in.
" Sure". ' He must of noticed my stomach growling' Nicholas thought as he followed him into a small but nicely decorated living room. Under the living room window was a big brown couch. Along another wall was a small TV on a small wooden entertainment center. He walked into a small kitchen and sat down at a table that was no bigger than a standard card table.
The gray haired man walked over and took cheese slices out of the refrigerator. He took some wheat bread out of a package. " I make a great grill cheese sandwich". He started to butter the bread.
" Sometimes I make stupid mistakes and I feel as if I'm here by accident".
" That is not true" the old man replied as he put the cheese slices in the middle of the bread slices. He put one on a small grill on the stove. " I know for a fact you are not here by accident".
Nicholas gave him a strange look. " How do you know that?".
He flipped the sandwich over. " Because I made you".
" You mean you are the Creator?".
" I go by many names" he replied as he put the now completed sandwich on a plate and put it in front of Nicholas. " Creator is one of them".
" So you said I'm not an accident".
He sat down after making himself a sandwich. " I conceived you in my mind way before your parents did".
" The way I look too".
" Of course" he replied as he bit into his sandwich. " I chose your race, skin color, features and the special talents that you have".
" Even when I was born".
" Your date of birth and death, I decided a long time ago". He grinned at Nicholas. " I never leave out details".
Nicholas yawned and looked at his watch.
" You look tired" the Creator said as he put their dirty dishes in the dishwasher. " Why don't you come back in the morning and we'll talk some more".
" Ok".


research help: original story


Happy Lent and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: