Sunday, February 8, 2015

Taxman 4

Taxman 4 by ric Gustafson


The Publican quietly entered the Temple. He was nervous because he thought people might recognize him. Because he was a tax collector, people shunned him and usually ignored him. He knew he was in the presence of God and felt uncomfortable there. He walked over to a corner of the Temple and kept his head down. He felt remorse for all the sins that he had committed and felt unworthy to even look up at God. He cried and beat his chest with his fist. " God, be merciful to me a sinner".



The Pharisee walked into the Temple and saw other worshippers there. He frowned at them as he walked to a nearby corner. He noticed a man in another corner with his head down. It was a tax collector. He frowned at that thought. " God, I thank you that I am not like other people". He said this as he looked up. " Like swindlers, unjust, those who commit adultery or even that tax collector over there". " I fast twice a week" he said with a smile as his eyes looked up again. " I pay tithes of all that I get".

The End


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: