Sunday, August 7, 2011

the spear soldier page 1

the spear soldier page 1 by ric gustafson.


The gladiator's shield deflected the pilum. As he watched it fall to the ground, he failed to see the short spear enter his throat. After a gurgle, he fell to the ground. A hundred thousand roars came from the arena's audience. Cassius stood in a daze not knowing what to do.
Balbus stared at Sejanus. " I thought for sure he would lose".
Behind Sejanus sat Claudia Procula and her new husband. He leaned forward and whispered something into Sejanus's ear.
He clapped his hands. A guard walked over. " Bring the slave to me".
The guard brought Cassius and now the slave stood in front of the Roman.
" My name is Pilate and I am going to become the new Prefect of Judea. " Slave, I noticed that you are very skilled at using the small spear".
Cassius smiled.
" Slave, I need soldiers who are skilled with a shield and spear for my personal protection". " Are you interested?".
" Yes".



research help: ' The Spear' by Louis De Wohl




Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: