Friday, August 26, 2011

come to the water page 1

come to the water page 1 by ric gustafson.



As I put my double cheeseburger and banana on the square table, I sighed. It had been a busy morning scanning charts and I was already tired. " Lord, I'm so tired".
" Come to the water" said a small encouraging voice. " I will refresh your soul".
Tiredly, I shook my head ok and then walked into the cafeteria. I took the largest Pepsi cup from the stack and then walked over to the water machine. I filled the cup with ice and then filled it to the brim.
I sat down and lifted the blue Pepsi cup to my parched lips.
" Come to the water".
I drank and drank until my cup was empty. I put the empty cup on the table, looked up and smiled. " Thank you Lord".



I pray that everyone has a great weekend. Love Ric

No comments: