Thursday, December 29, 2022

Priscilla and Aquila page 8

 Priscilla and Aquila page 8 by ric gustafson


Priscilla walked into the courtyard. Aquila was sitting on a stone bench.
" You asked for me Aquila".
" Please sit". He pointed next to him. " I want to ask you something in private".
She gave him a quizzical stare. " What is it Aquila?".
" I wish to speak of us". He took her hand. Her fingers were trembling.
" What is it Aquila?".
" Priscilla". His voice hesitated. " I wish to marry you".
She stared at him.
" Will you be my wife?".
Priscilla gasped. " I cannot marry you".
" Why, because I am a Jew".
" No". She stood up to leave. " That is not the reason".
" Then what is the reason?".
She began to walk away. " Please don't ask me anymore".


research help: ' Daughter of Rome' by Tessa Afshar


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: