Friday, December 30, 2022

Priscilla and Aquila page 10

 

Priscilla and Aquila page 10 by ric gustafson


Aquila smiled at Volero. " I have come to ask your sister to marry me".
Volero gave him an evil stare. " Who are you to ask that?".
" Aquila".
He turned to see the one he loved. He got down on one knee
" Priscilla, I have been a fool". He smiled. " Please be my wife".
Volero snarled. " I will not have you as a brother in law".
Priscilla grinned. " I will have Aquila for a husband".
Volero pointed toward the door. " Go and never return".
" Come Priscilla". He took her hand. " We don't need anything from him".
They walked out onto the Via Appia.
" Lollia and I have no place to live".
" We can stay with Rufus". He smiled. " We will be married soon".


research help: ' Daughter of Rome' by Tessa Afshar


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: