Monday, February 25, 2019

the Boxer page 3

the Boxer page 3 by ric gustafson


I winced as the branding needle went into my arm. There was no cleansing alcohol to prevent infection. I stood up as the guard who had just branded me smiled. Then I walked with the others into another cement block room. There my hair was taken off all the way to the scalp. Then we were stripped naked. Our clothes were thrown into a pile. Then we were inspected for lice and scabies. Then delousing powder was put on us. They threw clothes at us to put on.
As I walked toward my assigned barrack, I noticed a ravine full of dead bodies. At the edge of the ravine was my mother, father and sister. I cried the rest of the night. Next to me was the priest Kolbe whom I had met earlier.


research help:  ' Samson' by Shawn Hoffman


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: