Saturday, August 19, 2017

free salvation or free apples page 1

free salvation or free apples page 1 by ric Gustafson


I walked down the cobble stoned street past an old man wearing a large felt hat. " Welcome to the Market". It was a beautiful Saturday morning and I was looking forward to walking through the downtown farmer's market. I walked past old people, young people and those with dogs. I walked past booths of fresh produce, fresh tea and everything you could think of.
All of a sudden, I noticed a booth sign that said ' Free Salvation or Free Apples'. I walked up to a young bearded man wearing white shorts and a white tee shirt. He was putting gala apples into small bags.
" Hello there". He smiled. " Welcome to Free Salvation or Free Apples".
I smiled. " Your sign caught my eye".
" Thank you". He grinned as he handed an apple slice to someone. " Can I help you make a choice?".
I thought to myself. " I guess I do have to make that choice".
" In fact". His voice hesitated. " It is the most important choice you will ever make".
" Salvation or apples?".
" That's right".
I scratched my chin. " You want to explain that to me".
" Sure".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: