Sunday, August 27, 2017

a great cloud of witnesses page 3

a great cloud of witnesses page 3 by ric Gustafson


Charlie could feel it in his legs and on his face. The sun was affecting his running and his legs were getting tired. " I want to quit this race" he mumbled to himself as the six mile marker came up. He was about to stop when he noticed the water station ahead. He walked in and was handed a cup of water.
" How are you Charlie?".
He looked up into the smiling face of his favorite uncle.
" Uncle Frank". He gulped down the water. " What are you doing here?".
" I am here to encourage you". He gave a cup of water to another runner. " To stay in this race and not give up".
" Uncle Frank, my legs hurt and sweat is stinging my eyes". He gulped down the rest of the water. " I can't go on any farther".
" Remember when you encouraged me in my faith".
" Of course".
" That is what I am doing for you right now". He gave the young man a hug. " I am encouraging you to hang in there and not give up".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: