Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 10

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 10 by ric Gustafson


Flavius saw the man step out of the shadows and walk slowly toward Caiaphas. He drew his sword and walked quickly to get in between the two. Caiaphas raised his hand that he was alright.
" Again, what are you willing to give me if I deliver him to you?".
" Who are you" Caiaphas asked.
" My name is Judas Iscariot". The young man stared at the chief priest. " I believe that we have a common interest".
" And what interest is that?".
" The Rabbi from Galilee".
" Ah yes, the Rabbi from Galilee" Caiaphas exclaimed as he sat down in his chair. " And how can you help with that situation?".
" I was treasurer for their group". His eyes darted around the room. " I know him and know where he goes and can take you to him".
" Why are you doing this?". The chief priest stared at Judas. " What is in it for you?".
" I have my reasons". He grinned. " I assume I will be compensated financially".
" Ah yes financially". Caiaphas scratched his chin in thought. " Wait here while I talk to the others".
Caiaphas walked over to the table and quietly conferred with the other priests. After a while, he motioned for Flavius to follow him into a small room.
The chief priest handed Flavius a bag of coins. " Give this to that Judas as his compensation". He smiled at his centurion. " Follow him with a detachment of your best soldiers". His voice hesitated. " Arrest this Rabbi and bring him to me". He put a hand on Flavius's shoulder. " Be careful, I hear he might be dangerous".
" It will be done".


research help: ' The Murder of Jesus' by John Macarthur


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: