Saturday, April 11, 2015

the Forgotten page 3

the Forgotten page 3 by ric Gustafson


" I need a job" Orlando said as he looked at the old captain. " I would like to help you".
" Great". He began to pull up on the anchor. " Come upstairs while I start the boat".
They walked up the short steps to the wheelhouse. They walked inside and Orlando noticed an older couple sitting on an old yellow couch.
The male stood up and shook Orlando's hand. " Hello, I'm Josh Nowell and this is my wife Janelle".
She smiled back. " We are also helping Captain Muncie".
" Great" Orlando replied as he sat down in an open chair.
Captain Muncie started the boat and pulled in the jetty ropes. The old boat eased out of the harbor. The vessel started going west.
Orlando looked out at the endless water. " Captain, we are we going?".
The old captain lit up his old black pipe. " The boss has instructed me where the deepest part of the sea is". He smiled. " That is where our work is today".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: