Saturday, September 27, 2014

the Fall page 3

the Fall page 3 by ric Gustafson


The assembled angels sat at a long table and watched Lucifer walk in.
" Welcome my brothers" he said as he quickly walked up to the table. " I just came from Gabriel's celebration". He frowned. " But something is bothering me".
Tinius spoke up. " What is that?".
" I have no choice but to do what the Most High tells me".
" Lucifer, we all follow God's commands".
" Tinius, hear me out". He began to walk around the table. " I do what God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit tell me". He stopped in front of a giant window and stared out. " Sometimes I feel like a slave".
" Lucifer, we are not slaves" Tinius said loudly. " We serve God out of love and obedience".
" My dear Tinius" Lucifer replied as he put a hand on his shoulder. " Is this world so perfect that God would not let us choose our own path?".
All the angels looked at each other.
Lucifer looked around the table. " If by chance God is not all perfect, what authority does he have over us?".
The meeting adjourned.


research help: ' Chronicles of the Host' by D Brian Shafer


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: