Monday, June 2, 2014

Rahab 2014 page 4

Rahab 2014 page 4 by ric gustafson


Sala and Rahab walked into a small entry room.
" Here's the inn I was talking about" he said as Rahab tried to smooth down her disheveled hair and robe. " I will go get my father".
She grabbed his left arm. " Please don't leave me".
" Ok, come along with me".
They walked up a narrow staircase and walked to a room at the end of the short hallway. Just then, a stern looking man walked out of the room. " Come in, little girl".
She held onto Sala's hand as they walked into the small room. Two mats were folded up in one corner and all the furniture there was one wooden stool and a large wooden chest.
The man stared at her. " What is your name child?".
" Rahab".
" And where are you from Rahab?".
" Ugaru, a village just outside of Jericho".
" My child, what happened to you that you end up here in Gaza".
She began to tell them the story about the bad people trying to sell her to Egyptians as a slave".
" My child, my name is Lord Nahshon and this is my son Sala". He smiled. " We are from Ramac".
Sala smiled at Rahab. " Father, we need to get her back to her parents".


research help: ' This Scarlet Cord' by Joan Wolf


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: