Friday, June 27, 2014

Colonel Archibald Gracie page 6

Colonel Archibald Gracie page 6 by ric gustafson


As I clung onto the railing, the ship plunged to the depths below. There was pressure upon my ears Even though I was under water, I could sense my way of direction. I swam with all my strength away from the starboard side of the ship because I knew my life depended on it. I made sure no salt water entered my mouth. Eventually, I made it to the surface because of the star lit night. I noticed wreckage and stuck a small plank under my right arm. I looked around and only saw a calm sea surface, the mighty ship was gone. Where the ship had sunk, I noticed a vapor. As I floated, the worst sound occurred that I will never forget. It was the cry of death from a thousand throats and the shrieks from the terrified and scared. I heard crys of ' help help, boat ahoy and my God my God from the men, women and children coming from the surface of the dark water. As time went on, the cries for help grew weaker and then died out.
As I clung to my plank, I noticed a head of me three bodies in the water heads down. Just behind me, was another body probably drowned. I threw my right leg over a crate to try and straddle it but it did not work. As I prayed for hope and deliverance, I noticed something in the distance.


research help: ' Titanic, a survivor's story' by Colonel Archibald Gracie


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: