Sunday, June 8, 2014

Moses page 29

Moses page 29 by ric gustafson


The Elders came to talk to Moses. Even though the manna was food for the people, water was very scarce. They came to Rephidim and they found no water.
One of the Elders pointed a finger at Moses. " Moses, the people and the animals are dying of thirst".
" Why are you putting God to the test?" he replied in a tired voice. " I will pray to God for water".
The voice spoke to Moses. " Strike your staff against the rock and water will come out".
Moses walked over to the rock, struck it and clear cool water came out of it.
The people danced and sang for joy.
As they celebrated, Moses cried out. " Because of your testing of God, this place shall be called Massah and Meribah. He sat down next to the eldest of the Elders. " My heart is heavy".
" Why is that my son?".
" We are entering the land of Pan and I'm worried about the people who inhabit this land".
" Yes, the Amalekites" the old man replied as he gave Moses a grin. " They are the descendants of Esau and are known for their cruelty".
" I'm worried because they are a powerful people".
" Be careful my son".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: