Monday, October 8, 2012

Nicodemus part 2

Nicodemus part 2 by ric gustafson


A temple guard and myself were summoned to Caiaphas's court. As we stood there waiting for our orders, one of the chief priests was ranting to the others.
" This Rabbi from Galilee stated you know where I am from, I am not here on my own, you don't know him but I know him and he sent me". He hit his fist on the table where they were sitting. " This Rabbi is saying blasphemy and needs to be arrested now".
Caiaphas pointed a finger at us. " Arrest this Rabbi and bring him to me".
We walked out and eventually found the Rabbi. He was teaching to a crowd in the Temple Court. We walked up to him to seize him. The Rabbi looked at us as if he knew we were coming.
" I am with you for only a short time and then I go to the one who sent me".
I looked at the other guard and could not believe what he was saying.
" You will look for me but you will not find me and where I am you cannot come".
The Jews standing near us began to murmur among themselves. " Where does this man intend to go that we cannot find him?". " Does he intend to live among and teach the Greeks?".
The other temple guard and myself were so mesmerized by his teaching, neither of us could raise a finger to arrest him.
" If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink". The Rabbi looked at me. " Whoever believes in me, streams of living water will follow from within him".
We walked back to Caiaphas's court.
Caiaphas gave me an angry stare. " Why didn't you bring him in?".
" No one ever spoke the way this man does".
Caiaphas's face grew red with rage. " You mean he has fooled you too".
Nicodemus spoke up. " Does our law condemn anyone without first hearing him to find out what he is doing?".
One of the priests stood up and looked at Nicodemus. " Are you from Galilee also, look into it yourself". He pointed a finger at Nicodemus. " You will find that a prophet does not come out of Galilee".


research help: The Ryrie Study Bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: