Thursday, October 25, 2012

Clue: the mystery at Oak Manor page 3

Clue: the mystery at Oak Manor page 3 by ric gustafson


I drove the red Saturn into an empty stall near the front door.
" Mort, why are we coming here?".
" Miss Johnson, you asked me to find you a worthwhile christian charity".
" I know but I don't know why we came to this retirement home".
" The people running this place are christians and help the seniors here with all of their needs".
" I know" was her reply as she nervously played with her hair. " My husband and I own this place".
" I hope I found the charity you were looking for".
" Ok Mort" she said as she got out of the car and began to walk toward the front door. " Come into the lobby in ten minutes and I will give you your money".
I watched her open the front door swinging that red purse of hers. I prayed in silence to God for guidance and strength. Five minutes later, one of the Manor's employees ran out. " Help" he yelled as he ran toward the car. " Miss Johnson's been murdered".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: