Sunday, October 21, 2012

down at the Witches Brew page 2

down at the Witches Brew page 2 by ric gustafson


Todd and Martin walked into the doorway and felt cob webs against their faces. Todd moved a web away from his face and then felt something against his left leg. He looked down.
" A black cat" he yelled in fear as he moved back toward the front door.
" Felix" said an older woman who was dressed all in black like a witch. " Sorry about that". She reached down and picked up the black cat. " Welcome boys to the Witches Brew". She gave out a slight cackle. " What can I do for you?".
" We're lost" Martin said as he looked around at the spooky decor. " We're looking for Ridgewood Avenue where we live".
" I'm not sure where that is" was her reply as the cat scampered into a dark corner. " You boys look like you are hungry". She pointed toward an empty booth. " You can be my last customers today".
" I am hungry" Todd said as he walked over to a booth and sat down. Martin frowned and then joined his friend.
She picked up a couple of menus and then blew the cob webs off of them. She handed them to the boys. " I would recommend the eye of newt and also the Ghoul Stew is good".
Todd stared at her. " No thanks" he said as he stood up and walked away toward the front door. " I'll wait for you outside".
" Sorry" Martin said as he handed the menus back to her. " I guess we're not hungry after all".
" That's ok" she replied and then smiled. " Not only is this a cafe but I also do tarot readings".
" I don't know what tarot cards are".
" Come back tomorrow night and I will show you".
" Ok" he said as he gave her a weak smile. " What street is this?".
" This is Endor Lane".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: