Thursday, March 15, 2012

what's the good word page 2

what's the good word page 2 by ric gustafson


The huge steel door opened to show a room that could hold several people. A fire was blazing in the fireplace.
" Come in". A young man showed me in and then shut the steel door.
Albert could hear a flaming arrow strike the door as it shut.
" I was running from Satan's flaming arrows and I saw your fortress".
" You are safe here". The young man handed Albert a cup of cold water. " I also knew you were coming".
Albert sat down in a chair and slowly drank the water. " How did you know I was coming?".
" I saw you running and dodging Satan's arrows" he said as he put more cold water into Albert's cup. " So I got the place ready for you".
As Albert kept drinking the water, he heard arrows hitting the sides of the fortress. He felt safe here. " Thank you for protecting me and keeping me safe" Albert said with tears in his eyes.
" You are always safe here".


The End- dedicated to Tom E


research help: ' Portals of Prayer' December 2005



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: