Saturday, March 3, 2012

the story of Martha page 21

the story of Martha page 21 by ric gustafson


Martha was going to say some angry things to Jesus but instead fell onto her knees. " Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died". She looked up at Jesus. " But even now I know that whatever you ask of God, God will give you".
Jesus helped her to her feet. " Your brother will rise again".
" I know that he will rise again in the resurrection".
Jesus smiled at her. " I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in me though he may die, he shall live". He gave Martha a hug. " Do you believe that whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die?".
How could she deny his power and miracles. " Yes Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world".
Martha turned to Nathan. " Did you tell Jesus how sick my brother was?".
" Yes" was the reply. " He waited two days to come".
" Why?".
" He said that he was going to wake him up".



research help: ' Martha' by Diana Wallis Taylor



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: