Wednesday, September 14, 2011

today is my birthday page 2

today is my birthday page 2 by ric gustafson free write story 3


Harlan walked into the small room and noticed that his mother was nicely dressed and sitting in her wheelchair. She was wearing a dark blue dress that she normally only wore on special occasions.
He made sure she was secured, unlocked the brake and gave her a kiss on the cheek. " Why are you wearing your favorite blue dress today?".
" Today is a special day" she said with a smile as he rolled the chair into the hallway. " Today is my birthday".
" Mother, your birthday is in December".
He rolled his mother's wheelchair around the corner and then up to her spot at the table. " Good afternoon Mrs Copple" he said as he locked the wheels of the chair and then sat down next to her.
" Betsy, you look radiant today".
" Thank you Mildred" she replied as she put her red napkin on her lap. " I thought I would wear something nice on my birthday".



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: