Monday, July 19, 2021

Pilate 2021 page 19

 Pilate 2021 page 19 by ric gustafson


A beaten and ridiculed Jesus now stood next to Pilate.
" Behold the man".
The chief priests yelled. " Crucify Crucify".
" You crucify him". Pilate was losing his patience. " I've found no case against him".
" According to our law this man ought to die". Caiaphas walked up to Pilate. " He claims to be the Son of God".
Pilate became disturbed. " The Son of God?".
Caiaphas frowned. " Blasphemy is the greatest offense in Hebrew law".
" I will have a private hearing on this new claim".
Jesus was brought into the palace.
" Where have you come from?".
Jesus was silent.
" You won't speak to me". Pilate stared at Jesus. " I have the authority to release you or to crucify you".
" You would have no authority at all over me if it had not been given you from above".


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: