Tuesday, June 12, 2018

a great cloud of witnesses page 4

a great cloud of witnesses page 4 by ric Gustafson


Charlie slowly ran up to the nine mile marker. He knew he could not go any farther. His legs hurt and his eyes were stinging from the heat.
Just then, he noticed the water station tent. He ran under the flap.
An old man, wearing a faded white robe and carrying a wooden staff, smiled and handed him a cup of cold water.
" You look thirsty young man".
" I am". He gulped down the water. " I'm also very tired".
" I know what it's like to be in intense heat and not have much to drink".
Charlie stared at the old man. " You look like Moses in the desert".
" It's interesting that you said that". He handed some water to another runner. " Because my name is Moses".
" You mean the burning bush Moses".
" That's right Charlie". He smiled. " I'm here to give you encouragement".
" Encouragement?".
" I'm here to encourage you to run those last three miles and not give up". He hugged Charlie.
Charlie ran out of that tent with renewed vigor.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: