Monday, June 11, 2018

a great cloud of witnesses page 3

a great cloud of witnesses page 3 by ric Gustafson


Charlie could feel it in his legs. The heat was affecting his running  and his legs were getting tired. ' I want to quit this race' he thought to himself as the six mile marker came up. He began to slow down. He was about to stop when he saw the water station tent coming up.
He slowly walked in. He was handed a cold cup of water.
" How are you Charlie my boy?".
He looked up to see the smiling face of his favorite uncle.
" Uncle Frank". He gulped down the water. " What are you doing here?".
" I am here to encourage you". He smiled. " So you will stay in the race and not give up".
" Uncle Frank, my legs ache and sweat is stinging my eyes". He gulped down more water. " I can't go on any farther".
" Remember all the times I encouraged you". He hugged his nephew. " That is what I am doing right now".
" Thank you Uncle Frank". He gave him a hug. " I won't give up".
Smiling, he ran out of the tent.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: