Thursday, October 19, 2017

down at the Witches Brew page 3

down at the Witches Brew page 3 by ric Gustafson


Miss Mabel tried to put her tarot cards into a spread. She was frustrated because they kept falling onto the floor. She heard her cell phone ring. She looked annoyed at Jesus who was sitting across from her. " I need to take this call". She opened the phone and hit the enter button. " Witches Brew, this is Miss Mabel". She stared at the Son of Man. " Hi Martin". Jesus was wearing an all white outfit. " You're not coming". She looked annoyed. " A turkey" she exclaimed with a cackle. " Ok". She hit the stop button.
" Can you believe it" she cackled. " He wanted to go find out about a turkey that was spotted on Main Street". She cackled at Jesus. " I almost had him".
Jesus shook his head. " You can't have him".
" I thought I recognized you". She cackled louder. " You are the Nazarene".
Jesus put his scarred hands on the table. " He's confused". He smiled. " But he believes in me".
" Now I know why I couldn't shuffle my cards".
Jesus stared at the witch. " Do not tempt him any longer with your sorcery".
She shook her long black hair. " Suit yourself".
She heard the outside bell ring.
" There will always be someone else". She stood up and walked toward the door. She looked back and noticed that the Nazarene was gone.
She opened the door to reveal a young woman. She cackled. " Welcome to the Witches Brew".

The End.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: