Monday, October 16, 2017

down at the Witches Brew page 2

down at the Witches Brew page 2 by ric Gustafson


Todd and Martin walked through the doorway. They felt cobwebs on their faces. Todd felt something rub against his left leg. He looked down. " A black cat".
" Felix" replied an older woman in black. She walked toward them. " Sorry about that". She picked up the black cat. " Welcome to the Witches Brew". She cackled. " What can I do for you?".
" We're lost" Martin exclaimed as he glanced around. " We're looking for Ridgewood Avenue".
" I'm not sure where that is" she replied. " You boys look like you are hungry". The cat jumped off and scampered into a dark corner. " You can be my last customers today".
" I am hungry" Todd replied. The two sat down in an empty booth.
She picked up a couple of menus and blew cob webs off of them. She handed them to the boys. " I recommend the Ghoul stew".
Todd stared at his friend. " No thanks". He stood up. " I'll wait for you outside".
" Sorry" He handed the menus back. " I guess we're not hungry after all".
" That's ok". She cackled. " Not only is this a café I also do tarot readings".
Martin grinned. " I don't know what tarot cards are".
" Come back tomorrow". She cackled again. " And I'll show you".
" Ok". He gave a weak smile. " What street is this?".
" Endor Lane".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: