Sunday, August 17, 2014

the return of the Light Bulb Salesman page 2

the return of the Light Bulb Salesman page 2 by ric gustafson


Glen Kincaide studied the employment file. " Jack, you have a very impressive file".
He squinted his eyes in the semi darkness. " Thanks".
" You have have been the top salesman here for five years now". He put the file down. " How do you do it?".
" Mr Kincaide" Jack replied with a slight grin. " My work and my work ethic is based on John 8:12".
" Sorry, the bible doesn't mean anything to me".
" John 8:12 says I am the Light of the World".
He gave Jack a strange look. " What does that mean?".
" He who follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life".
He smiled at Jack. " I see".
" Sir, I'm not sure why you asked me to see you".
" Jack, based upon studies we have done recently". He hesitated. " I would like to try lower wattage light bulbs".
" Lower wattage?".
" The lower the wattage, the more light bulbs people would want to buy".
" Sir, it sounds like you are trying to deceive people". He gave his boss a serious look. " Which goes against my Christian principles".
" Jack, since I am manager now my principle will apply".
" What principle is that Sir?".
" The principle of making more money".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: