Tuesday, August 12, 2014

the Light Bulb Salesman page 1

the Light Bulb Salesman page 1 by ric gustafson


Jack Dallas took a sip of his coffee. He opened his worn black bible to John 8:12. " I am the light of the world, he who follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life". He closed the bible and sat it next to his morning paper. " So what are your plans for today?".
Tabitha Dallas looked up from her burgundy planner. " I'm going to help with the 9:00 bible study and then help put together bulletins". She bit into a slice of buttered banana bread. " Are you going to be busy today?".
" I'm sure" he said as he put a spoon of Rice Chex into his mouth and then took a sip of coffee to get it down. " We're short of help today so I'm sure Mr Nolan will be giving me a lot of calls to do". He glanced at his watch. " I gotta run". He put his dishes in the sink and then walked upstairs to brush his teeth. He came back down and gave his wife a peck on the cheek. " I'll see you this afternoon".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: