Saturday, August 30, 2014

Salt and Light page 4

Salt and Light page 4 by ric gustafson


Fred Walker squinted as he tried to read the memo. He heard a knock on his door. " Come in".
The door opened to reveal his nine year old son and someone behind him he did not know.
" Who's your friend Mikey?".
He smiled. " Daddy, this is the man who changes light bulbs".
" Hi, I'm Jack Dallas the light bulb salesman".
He stood up and shook Jack's hand. " I'm Fred Walker and welcome to my potato chip company".
" Your plant is very dark" Jack said as he sat down in an empty chair. " I've already replaced several light bulbs".
" I like it dark in here". The phone rang on Fred's desk. " Excuse me for a moment". He picked it up. " This is Fred". Concern came over him. " I'll be right there". He put down the phone. " I'm sorry but we're going to have to cut this conversation short". He handed Jack a basket of potato chips." Please try our new chips".
He bit into a chip. He frowned at Mikey.
The young boy smiled. " I know they are terrible".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: