Monday, November 1, 2021

No Time page 1

 No Time page 1 by ric gustafson


Bryson walked through the doorway. He heard the ticking of watches. He walked by several displays of watches. He walked up to an old time cash register. He rang a black bell.
A young woman walked through a black curtain. " May I help you?".
" Is this Father Time's Watch Shoppe?".
" Yes it is".
Bryson took off his watch and handed it to the young woman. " I need this repaired quickly".
" It's a beautiful watch". She stared at it. " I'm going to have to show it to Father Time". She rang the black bell.
An elderly man walked out. " Jessica, did you need me?".
Bryson looked at the old man. " Father Time?".
" Actually my name is Lester Tyme".
" Father Time?".
" I'm elderly and I work on watches". 
Jessica handed him Bryson's watch.
" I really need to have my watch fixed quickly".
Lester studied the watch. " I'll repair it for you".
" Thank you".
" But someday you won't need it".
" Why not?".
" In eternity, there is no time".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: