Thursday, June 8, 2017

Mark page 11

Mark page 11 by ric Gustafson


All the disciples except for Thomas were staying in the upper room. Cleopas had just told them what had happened to him on the road to Emmaus.
All of a sudden, Jesus stood in their midst. " Peace to you".
John Mark thought to himself that he was seeing a ghost.
" Why are you troubled?". He smiled. " Behold my hands and my feet". He showed them the nail prints in his hands and feet. He smiled again. " Have you any food here?".
John stood up and found a piece of broiled fish and some honeycomb.
As he ate, John Mark and the others just stared at him.
" All things must be fulfilled". He smiled. " As the Father has sent me, I also send you". He breathed on them. " Receive the Holy Spirit".
Then Jesus left their midst.
Then Thomas arrived.
The disciples smiled. " We have seen the Lord".
Thomas shook his head. " When I see in his hands the nail prints". His voice hesitated. " And put my hand into his side". He shook his head. " I will not believe".


research help: ' Mark's Story' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: