Thursday, June 29, 2017

Luke page 4

Luke page 4 by ric Gustafson


Months later, Luke knocked on his master's door.
" Come in".
He entered and noticed Theophilus standing by a window. " Sir, before I enter university". His young voice hesitated. " You were going to tell me about Stoicism".
" Yes Luke". He sat down in a chair. " Yes I was".
" I was wondering if a true Stoic would free his slaves".
His master scratched his chin. " Freeing them might do them more harm than good".
" Is a higher plane of behavior an aim of Stoicism?".
" Luke, do you believe in divine nature?".
" Sir, I believe in having peace of mind".
" Your life is not perfect". He grinned. " Is it Luke?".
" No Sir". He frowned. " I battle my desires and passions".
" You are honest Luke". He stood up and shook his young slave's hand. " That is why I am sending you to university".


research help: ' Luke's Story' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: