Sunday, November 13, 2011

Eve page 3

Eve page 3 by ric gustafson


I ran across the hills of the south, over streams and rocks and felt great. I ran through a meadow to the valley below. It was the middle of the day and the hot sun was beginning to make me sweat. Tiredly, I stopped inside the entrance of the vineyard and plucked huge grapes off of a wooded vine.
I sat down in a clump of high grass and ate the grapes. I yawned as I closed my eyes to rest. Later, I opened my eyes to see a serpent staring at me with strange eyes.
" I enjoyed watching you run, daughter of God" the serpent said as he slithered across the green grass toward me." You are beautiful because you search for understanding".
" I am here because of the One that is" I replied as I stood up and the serpent slithered back into the nearby woods.
Later, I asked him if there was a place to explore which was beyond where we were.
" Yes" he said as he stroked my hair. " Beyond the origin of our river is a wide basin covered with waves of grass".



research help: ' Havah, the story of Eve' by Tosca Lee




Everyone take care. Love Ric

No comments: