Saturday, November 12, 2011

Eve page 2

Eve page 2 by ric gustafson.


" I am".
I woke up hearing the voice and noticed he was not next to me. I stood up on the damp ground and it felt different than the first time I walked on it. I heard a noise, turned around and saw him standing next to me.
" My counterpart" he said with a smile as he touched my cheek.
We walked toward the western end of the valley and he pointed out many birds and animals by their names. We started to wade through a cool river and I was worried we would drown.
" I want to show you something" he said as he stepped onto a small sandy beach and started walking inland.
I followed him until we arrived in the middle of the island where there was a large clearing. I stopped and began to stare at the most beautiful tree I had ever seen. The perfectly round fruit glistened in the morning sun and it looked more juicier than the plums I had yesterday.
I began to walk toward this tree when he put a hand on my shoulder and stopped me.
" If you eat of this tree, you will know good and evil".
I shook my head in confusion to what he was trying to tell me.
" I was told" he said quietly as he looked around the clearing. " If you eat of it, you will die".



research help: ' Havah, the story of Eve' by Tosca Lee



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: