Saturday, November 12, 2011

Eve page 1

Eve page 1 by ric gustafson


Awake!
I opened my eyes and saw a sea of blue above me. I looked to my left and saw a beautiful tree and a bird flying toward it.
Awake!
I turned to my right and something was standing next to me. I screamed. He had blue eyes and he smiled at me.
" Flesh of my flesh" he said as his finger traced the outline of my face. He bent down and slowly picked me up. My first steps were wobbily at best.
He started to walk toward a clearing and I tried to keep up.
We walked up to a slow moving stream and I noticed a deer drinking from it.
He cupped his hands and drank from the clear water.
As he watched, I did the same.
Then he led me to an orchard where we ate the juicest plums and oranges.
Later, I found some warm grass to rest.
" Flesh of my flesh" he said again as I closed my eyes.


research help: ' Havah, the story of Eve' by Tosca Lee



Everyone take care. Love Ric

No comments: