Saturday, May 15, 2021

the unopened gift page 1

 the unopened gift page 1 by ric gustafson


Jeffrey Fitzpatrick was finishing mopping one of the church's restrooms. All of a sudden, his cell phone chirped. He took it out of his pant pocket. " Hello".
" Hi". It was the voice of his wife Monica. " Guess what?".
" I don't know". He grinned. " Tell me".
" My singing tour starts in three days".
He put the mop back into the yellow bucket. " That soon".
" Actually". Her voice hesitated. " I'm going to have to fly out tomorrow morning".
He frowned as he put the bucket away in the janitor's closet. " I was hoping you could help me with things at church".
" No time". Her voice hesitated again. " I'm going to need your help packing".
" Ok".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: