Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Moses page 14

 Moses page 14 by ric gustafson


Moses kept his head down in fear.
" I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians". The voice hesitated. " A land flowing with milk and honey".
Moses did not look up.
" I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people out of Egypt".
Moses looked up. " Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?".
" I will be with you". The voice hesitated. " You will worship God on this mountain".
" What will I say if they ask me the name of the one who sent me?".
" I am who I am". The voice hesitated. " I am has sent me to you".
" What if they do not believe me?".
" Throw your staff on the ground". 
Moses did so. It turned into a snake.
" Put your hand inside your cloak".
Moses did so. White spots like leprosy appeared on it.
" And what if they do not pay attention to either of those signs?".
" Take some water from the Nile and pour it on the ground". The voice hesitated. " Blood will appear".
Moses now protested. " Lord, please send someone else".
" Your brother Aaron the Levite can speak for you".
The voice fell silent.


research help: ' by way of the Wilderness' by Gilbert Morris


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: