Monday, August 1, 2016

the miracle on Titanic page 3

the miracle on Titanic page 3 by ric Gustafson


David adjusted his black bowler hat. He watched as steerage passengers from Waterloo Station ran up to the Aft ramp. " After you ok Mother?" he asked as he noticed the growing confusion along the wide berth. People were hurrying to get on board before the ship sailed at noon.
" Yes, I'm fine" Camille replied as she tried to drag her trunks across the concrete.
" Help with those Sir" a porter asked as he reached for one of the trunks.
" Yes". He winked at his mother. " My Mother and I would appreciate it greatly".
He tipped his hat. " I can take them up to C Deck for you".
Camille exhaled in relief. " Thank you".
They walked up the ramp toward an officer. He was wearing a blue suit and a cap. He was holding a notebook.
" Welcome to the Titanic". He smiled. " I am Second Officer Lighttoller".
" I am David Sharpston and this is my Mother Camille Sharpston".
The officer stared at his notebook. " Yes, I have you in C-77".
" Officer, this is a beautiful ship".
He smiled again. " The RMS Titanic is the British Empire at it's best".
David smiled back.
" Up the ramp is the first class entrance to B Deck". He pointed toward the entrance. " Once inside, a steward will take you to the Purser's Office".
" Why is that?".
" The Purser will process your boarding pass and direct you to your cabin".


research help: ' Queen of the Waves' by Janice Thompson


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: