Monday, August 22, 2016

the fruit of the Spirit page 9

the fruit of the Spirit page 9 by ric Gustafson


Elaine putted her white golf ball into the cup. She sighed in frustration. " I can't believe how bad I am".
" Don't be so hard on yourself" Amy replied as she putted her ball into the cup. " You should be more gentle with yourself".
" I'm more gentle with others than myself". She took the balls out of the hole and handed Amy hers. " I wish I was more gentle with myself".
Amy smiled as they walked toward the next tee. " Did you know that gentleness is one of the fruits of the Spirit?".
They stopped at the tee box.
" No, I did not know that". She teed up her ball. " How can I be gentle at all times?". She hit her tee shot over a creek.
Amy teed up her ball. " The first thing you need to do is to make time to be gentle".
" I try to make time".
Amy hit her ball over the creek. " Also you need to make an effort to try and be gentle  at all times".
They began to walk toward their golf balls.
" I'll try".
" Being gentle with yourself will help you to be gentle to others".



research help: ' Fruit of the Spirit' by Ron Hembree


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: